Create soft bodies that react to a predefined animation using Newton2 and Connect Layers.
Motion Designer Lok Fu show us how he rigged the head and the neck of his horse using Newton2 and Connect Layers.
The final product:
Some animation tests:
02. Launch Newton, use the pivot joint to connect the body, neck and face (all the boxes). And tick the “Enable Limit” box, set the lower and upper angle to control the amplitude of those elements. Then tick out the same group from the “Collide With” box to make sure the boxes won’t affect each other.
01. First, animate the BODY (the boxes will follow the animated shape)
03. Turn the BODY to Kinematic to use the animation done in After Effects in step 1.
04. And let the neck and face Rock the world…
05. Finally simply just use Connect Layers to connect the boxes to create the smooth neck and the face.
About the deformed circles.